Saturday, October 5, 2013

Paper Piecing

Phew!!!!! lot of cutting  and piecing. Be a guest designer for Flourishes!!! oh what a treat so thought of doing something different to give an extra oompf...... hope the my card is able to portray it. I am entering this card in the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge FTTC240 details of which can be found here .

For my card I cut out spellbinders fancy lattice in four colors, blue, red, yellow and green and then pieced it together to come up with a different design. It did take me a while to decide on the design..but this paper piecing technique has so many different options and you can come up with so many designs to give your card a unique look with just one die.


Once my background was ready, I moved to my stamped image, this one is from flourishes “tulips for friends” stamp set…….isn’t it such a cute image. I used copic markers to color it. Honestly I am going nuts over the deep red shade I got in the flowers………this girl loves red. I had invested in copic markers after I read all the raving reviews and of course they did not disappoint. I would like to try some other alcohol markers too, as I love experimenting with new products maybe will put them on my birthday gift list. Is it just me or seems like I have a lot of different wish lists going on. After my image was ready, I fussy cut it and popped on spellbinders gold circle die. Popped my circle die on the background paper towards the edge so I can show off the hardwork on the background. I think the card came together nicely……..


Hope I did justice to the card with the pictures. Thanks for stopping by.......

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous pieced bg! Your coloring on the image is beautiful, too! Thanks so much for joining us in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge, and good luck in the guest designer challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever & unique paper piecing! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete