Hi, Friends! today we, as part of Earth Safe Finishes are hopping along with Stencil Girl to celebrate Earth Day.
This mixed media canvas was so much fun to create. Loved working with the stencil girl stencil and the no VOC Earth Safe Finishes products and in honor of Earth Day I Reduced, Recycled and Reused. This was an old canvas project that had not turned out as expected.
Earth Safe Finishes Chalk It Up, Plum Preserves,
ESF Pigments Permanent Red, Pthalo Green, Hot Pink
StencilGirl Marrakech 6 Stencil
1. Firstly, I covered the canvas with ESF Gesso and let dry. The Gesso is so thick and rich and just one coat covered my previous project entirely.
2. I then added some Ann Butler Designs Iridescents powders to give it slight shimmer.
3. The next step was brushing the canvas with ESF Chalk it up in Plum Preserves.
5. next added texture using ESF texture and StencilGirl Marrakech stencil and let dry.
6. Then colored the design with ESF pigments.
7. Lastly stenciled the birds using the StencilGirl Fowl Play Stencil. I have to say I absolutely love these stencils and they have such a large selection that its tough to not find something you absolutely adore.
And now grab a cup of coffee to blog hop with these wonderful designers.
Thanks for Stopping by..